Hello dearest author! I'm really pleased that you've chosen to write fic in one of these very excellent fandoms just for meeee! I'm
on the AO3 and also
Okay, so first things first - I really want you to write a fic that YOU want to write. I want you to enjoy writing it. Optional details are completely optional and if none of these suggestions work for you, that's okay! If you get halfway through a carefully constructed piece that answers my prompts directly and includes everything I even hinted at liking... and you find you're not enjoying the writing process, and you'd rather just scrap it and write the idfic in the fandom that you've always wanted to write, I would much rather you do that. I want a fic that was fun to write, and I'm sure to love it if it shows through.
Second, and a generic request for any fandoms/ all fandoms: ROLLER DERBY AU. Go on, you know you want to. I play flat track, but if you don't know the sport I'm not going to nitpick on the technicalities or anything. I just really think there should be roller derby AU in all fandoms. ALL FANDOMS.
(Look, I'm just saying Bench Coach Owen Grady and the Raptor Rollers. JUST SAYING.)
- I like relationships (romantic or otherwise) based on mutual respect, of shared enjoyment, and of knowing each other particularly well, sometimes better than each person might know themselves. I have a huge weak spot for family (the found variety and the more traditional type) and for the changes friends bring to each other's lives. I also have a bit of a soft spot for unerring loyalty, even through a recognition of the other person's faults. I am fine with gen, I am fine with shipping. I don't mind het, slash or femslash. Sex scenes are fine, but no pwp please?
- I have a huge, massive competence kink. I LOVE seeing characters doing what they are best at and being great at it. Having said that, I love the characters I love for their flaws as much as their strengths - Adrienne's stubbornness, Oliver Queen the grumpy old man, and so on. No one's perfect, and I like it when characters aren't.
- I love world building and I love backstory. I love fleshing out the worlds these characters inhabit, why they are where they are in canon, the wider context. I adore seeing little historical/universe relevant details - what implications has InGen's work had on the wider world? What parts of WWII history do you find interesting?
- I have no particular genre/style preferences, other than the above re: no pwp. Go as tropey and as genre-specific as you like. I love comedy, I love angst - at least one canon here suits itself to a noir pastiche, but that's all up to you.
- Please please no: incest, watersports/scat, xeno. (So if you really want to write Owen/Blue, I'm afraid you're going to have to go the roller derby AU option and make her human.)
Okay, specifics:( Princeless; DC Bombshells; Injustice Gods Among Us; Sk8er Boi; LEGO Detective's Office; Jurassic WorldCollapse )
This post is also posted at InnerBrat @ Dreamwidth where it has comments. Feel free to join in the conversation wherever you feel most comfortable.