To coin a phrase from alas_a_llama
: I has an exhaustion
And some day I will stop communicating in Kitteh. It can't be good for my aspirations as a professional communicator. But speaking of that - no, see later in this post.
I am stressed as a sort of status quo right now. The PhD is...coming, but I'm about where I should have been a year ago, and blegh. But I am making progress, and things are happening, so that's good. Really.
And tired. So very tired. Struggling to get out of bed tired. Fortunately I have discovered a way to be productive with data at home on the dining room table, so I am getting some morning sleepy time at least. And of course there's the tea cupboard to get me through the day. And I'm OK.I am
. I'm just - also not,
right now. But I will be! And knowing I will be is enough. Meanwhile, I tetch at you freaks and flake on RP and sulk instead of WARP and shit like that. So sorry?
So lack of updates: lack of motivation to post. BUT I have been sort of doing stuff:
- I wrote an article for a website, for which I'm getting paid! In, um, DVDs. But it counts!
- I had an interview at Coffee, Cake and Kink
, (link vaguely NWS for artistic erotica), which will
result in an assessment shuft, which may result in part time work over the holidays.
- I arranged an early Hogswatch gift from the InnerRents to the Bing: They're giving her a Brat, to be delivered on time for emmlet
's wedding. Apparently it'll go well with her outfit?
- I conquered the lateral view of the coracoid! And by the end of today I plan to be well on my way to ventral domination as well.
- I watched Heroes
, and quite liked it? I dunno, it doesn't invoke physical reactions in me like Supernatural does. The treatment of Claire annoys me, but as much because I see her fighting and failing to have control over her own life (and body), and as someone who plays her, it annoys me to see her so impotent.
- I watched lots of Justice League Unlimited
cartoons, caught up completely on Birds of Prey
and have a nice collection of JL comics to read, including hopefully this year's wedding stuff.
- I RPed lots. Mostly in shatterverse
, where I have mild performance anxiety over OCs. So that's why I have canon characters for the most part.