Given that in any given year, there's only really a four week period in which Eostre may fall, the intense drama in the potential weather conditions is still
worth noting. The InnerRent's garden looked very nice ten minutes ago before it all melted, but I didn't take a picture.
Anyway. Some things:
Five things I do when checking LJ:
Mitch Benn on Grammar
- Read icon keywords, just like Weaves. Trouble is, all my friends appear to have incredibly random keywords so it doesn't help me understand anything.
- Hardly ever leave my friends page ever. Cuts are unfolded, comments are read, even made, using the right click menu LJ addons gives me. Only when there's a link to an external site do I wheel-click into a new tab and carry on reading. Or RP threads, which my layout can't handle.
- Systematically turn between all open tabs (links, webcomics, RP threads, friends page) and the inbox, dealing with comment notifications in order.
- del.icio.us everything I think is worthy of a daily linkspam, unless I find something inspiring enough to blog about. Still, I keep SeMagic open at all times in case it's one of those days (like this one) when Livejournal gives me a lot to talk about.
- Click on the LJ addon popup everytime my friends page is updated to see the updates immediately. Then neglect to track anything so I never get to see interesting conversations unfold.
I know there's a rule about starting sentences with "but", but screw it, it just means you end up starting them with "however", and since"however" at the beginning of a sentence just means "I really wanted to start this sentence with 'but' but I'm not allowed" , and everybody knows this, then frankly you may as well just start with "but", so I just didVid of the Day
P.Z. Myers and Richard Dawkins on their experiences seeing (and trying to see) Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed