My university's password regulations:
- Must be something easy to remember, so you don't need to write it down. - actually, that's just common sense.
- Must be changed every five months.
- Must contain caps, lower case, characters and numbers. This is just common sense.
- Must not be any password you have used in the past decade of being at this university. They keep all the records, apparently. 'Cause that's safe. Must also not be in any way like your old password. So you can't use a system like increasing a certain digit.
- Must not contain anything that looks remotely like a word in the English language
- Must not, in fact, be anything you stand a chance of remembering without writing it down.
- YOU MUST NOT WRITE IT DOWN.
Bastards. I go through this every fucking five months.