So the other day, someone asked me if I'd noticed any significant changes to Livejournal since the recent sale to SUP. I mentioned the lack of basic accounts for new users, and it was shrugged off with a 'what site doesn't have ads, these days?'
But then, I had to admit:actually, I have noticed a difference. Since the sale:
- notifications have been reliable (sometimes delayed by up to a couple hours, but they used to be delayed by months sometimes)
- the servers haven't crashed
- the pages are loading faster,
- they've stopped doing a redesign every American holiday, and the associated server issues that would create every single time.
- creating an account (because yes, I still create RP journals) is easier.
Has anyone else noticed this?