Everybody's making costuming posts at the moment - must be Dragon*Con time. I, of course, have no money to fly over there, but I can costume too! I have the MCM Expo
in October, and I'm thinking Black Canary and Mel - the latter costume I already have, of course - and then Rocker Bing's wedding in November, the theme for which is "creative black and white".Black Canary to do:
- The leotard Daniel
gave me the money for, didn't fit, even in large, so I'm resorting to making one, out of this pattern
, which is on order. Working with stretch fabric scares the bejesus out of me, though. Switching the zip to the front is probably beyond me, but I'll try and find a ring to put on the collar.
- Earrings: I have no bird shaped earrings, But I've seen her with bats before, and I do
have those.Wedding to do
- Bow tie - probably black, but dependant on what Joe
- Black velvet tail coat: using this pattern
, as it's the only tail coat I could find, and I can't afford to buy a quality one.
- White ribbons for my stiletto boots.
- Cuffs - my shirt has button cuffs, so I need to add a button hole for folded cuffs. I love these cufflinks
, but they're out of my budget, so borrowing from Bing