30 DAYS OF DC: Day 1:Your Favourite Character
This should surprise absolutely no one, really. Of course it’s BC. One of the top martial artists of the DCU, with a powerful sonic scream she rarely uses becuase her non meta-abilities are just so shit hot, Dinah is the favourite niece/cool older sister of the entire suphero community.
She just hits all my buttons; every single one:
* she’s massively into self knowledge and self improvment through consistently training her fight skills
* she suffered a traumatic experience that nearly broke her, and then she got better.
* she has a strong sense of family, and loves indiscriminately and passionately.
* she refuses to be anything other than a hopeless optimist; even though she knows better, she prioritises hope over cynicism.
* she thinks with her heart over her head not because she’s naive or stupid or inexperienced, but because she chooses to see the best in everyone; to her that’s a better way to live.
(Over identify, much? Oh well)
Dinah does nothing by halves and everything out of love and respect. She’s one of the best martial artists in the world, but never proud about it. She once helped a boy she hardly knew fight his heroin addiction by going cold turkey overnight in her apartment. Her long time biggest weakspot is her terible taste in men. And she won’t take any crap from Batman.
If she wasn’t fictional, I’d totally want to be her.
This post is also posted at InnerBrat @ Dreamwidth where it has comments. Feel free to join in the conversation wherever you feel most comfortable.