Dear Yuletide Writer,
Congratulations on your excellent taste in fandoms! All six of these are the fandom of my heart, and I'm already super excited to see what you produce in any of these, because I know it will be amazing. If you are interested, by the way, my AO3 account is innerbrat
First rule of writing for me: have fun! Please, above all else, write something YOU want to write. If you get halfway through a carefully constructed piece that answers my prompts directly and includes everything I even hinted at liking... and you find you're not enjoying the writing process, and you'd rather just scrap it and write the fic in the fandom that you've always wanted to write, I would much rather you do that. I want a fic that was fun to write, and I'm sure to love it if it was.
With that in mind, generalities:
- I like relationships (romantic or otherwise) based on mutual respect, of shared enjoyment, and of knowing each other particularly well, sometimes better than each person might know themselves. I have a huge weak spot for found family and for the changes friends bring to each other's lives. I also have a bit of a soft spot for unerring loyalty. Shipping is always optional.
- I have a huge, massive competence kink. I LOVE seeing characters doing what they are best at and being great at it. Having said that, I love the characters I love for their flaws as much as their strengths. The massive chip on Tara's shoulder, for example. Lisa's habit of getting herself in trouble with her temper. And so on.
- I love world building and I love backstory. In fact, all my prompts seem to involve backstory of some form or another. Ooops? Something set pre- or post-canon that fleshes out what lead to events or the consequences. Family! Parents! Offspring if you like!
- I like dinosaurs. I don't know how you can work that into fics with these fandoms, but I always think this is worth throwing out.
- Please please no: incest, or anything approaching dubious consent. This includes power imbalance or abuse of authority, mind control, memory loss... none of this should be an issue with these fandoms! The one possible exception would be Queen & Country, in which case please keep it to 'threat of...' level.
Prompts offered in no particular order. Just as I think of them. Also, if you check the tags in my journal for any of these fandoms, you might find mini posts I made talking about each of the canons and how much I love them. If you are interested in a canon you did not offer but need help finding, I have empowered skygiants
) to help find these out.( Ame-Comi Girls - Jade YifeiCollapse )( Birds of Prey - Ev Crawford, Dinah Laurel LanceCollapse )( Claymore - MiriaCollapse )( Leonardo - AnyCollapse )( Princeless - AnyCollapse )( Queen & Country - AnyCollapse )
THANK YOU, AWESOME YULETIDE WRITER. I know you'll do something amazing. And if you hate all these prompts, then write something for yourself! As long as it's in these fandoms and with these characters, I'm sure it will be great!</user></user>
This post is also posted at InnerBrat @ Dreamwidth where it has comments. Feel free to join in the conversation wherever you feel most comfortable.